Just another brain-dead techie with views on everything under the sun!

Monday, November 11, 2002

LitKwiz


Reading is one thing I like the most. I can read anything and everything. There was a time when I used to eat books... (now... due to limited time I've had to go on a diet, so to speak). I've once attempted the near impossible task of reading three books in one night... and succeeded!! (The three books I read in one night were the books in the Bourne trilogy by Robert Ludlum). Such is my passion for reading. I'll list out a few of my favourite books some other time when I have the time and the inclination to do so.

Another of my most favourite activities is Quizzing... be it simple trivia, general knowledge, literature, music, sports... I like to create and solve quizzes on just about anything.

Today, I combine these two passions of mine and post a quiz based on literature. It consists of 10 questions. Each question contains the starting lines of some famous work of literature ...(some classic... some not so classic). You have to identify the name of the book and the name of the author of that book.

The questions are simple... so take the quiz... and post your answers in the comments box. So here goes...

1." What can you say about a 25 year old girl who died?"

2. "Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas prairies, with Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer's wife."

3. "The great fish moved silently through the night water, propelled by short sweeps of its crescent tail."

4. "The drought had lasted now for ten million years, and the reign of the terrible lizards had long since ended."

5. "Amerigo Bonasera sat in New York Criminal Court Number 3 and waited for justice; vengeance on the men who had so cruelly hurt his daughter, who had tried to dishonor her."

6. "Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loin."

7. "Call me Ishmael."

8. "All children, except one, grow up."

9. "Most motorcars are conglomerations (this is a long word for bundles) of steel and wire and rubber and plastic, and electricity and oil and gasoline and water, and the toffee papers you pushed down the crack in the back seat last Sunday."

10. "It was seven o'clock of a very warm evening in the Seeonee hills when Father Wolf woke up from his day's rest, scratched himself, yawned, and spread out his paws one after the other to get rid of the sleepy feeling in their tips."

See!! ... so simple!! ... Now go ahead and send me those answers! :-)

cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sameer/Male/27. Hails from India/Maharashtra/Mumbai/Prabhadevi, speaks Marathi, English and Hindi. Spends 60% of daytime online. Uses a Faster (1M+) connection. And likes Reading/Computers.