Just another brain-dead techie with views on everything under the sun!

Monday, October 21, 2002

Weekend report and a riddle...


This weekend was one of those weekends which passed off quickly even though I was not very busy. Its just that time passed very fast. Before I knew it, I was facing the dreadful prospect of dragging myself out of the bed on a monday morning with absolutely nothing exciting to look forward to. But there were documents to be read and codes to be written... so I got up and came to the office.

Saturday was a great day. One of my best friends from college, Roopmay (yeah.. thats a Bong name!), was coming down from Pune to catch the flight to Toronto. I had insisted that he come to my place than put up in a dreary guest-house. He was supposed to arrive at my place by around 6:30 to 7:00 PM. But somehow due to traffic on the way, he reached at 8 o'clock. It was great to see him after just over a year. We were soon lost in the nostalgic world of our college days... aahhh! ... those were the days! ...*sighs*

We were actually gibbering like girls (ladies... please excuse!)... when my mom announced that it was dinner-time! Dinner gave some respite for our larynxes as we resumed chatting immediately after having the meal. And in almost no time, it was time for him to leave. I accompanied him to airport and bid goodbye.

It was really great meeting and talking with Roopmay after such a long time and for a few hours I felt as if I was back in my college days! :-) ... We had some great times then... and perhaps sometime I will blog about some of the craziest things I did in college! ... *LOL*

The first half of Sunday passed off quite peacefully. I just lay back and watched India thrash West Indies in the second Test Match at Chennai. The afternoon was earmarked for the commencement of Diwali shopping. I was in no mood to go out shopping. But mom and sister managed to persuade me and so I had to go! I bought mom a saree... which my mom took an eternity to select! ... ugghh! ... I got bored in the saree shop. I can only pray that my better half (this is future tense) can select sarees faster than this or better still, likes to wear something else that is easier to select while buying!! ;-)

After the marathon session at Nalli's (the saree shop)... we went to Westside where I selected a couple of tee-shirts in double quick time! Since I wasn't mentally ready to do shopping, I refused to consider buying trousers. Maybe sometime next week!... I really cannot plan when I'm gonna do the shopping... It just happens! (though I'm not an impulse buyer!).

Enough about shopping now... it makes this blog a bit girly... :-\

I'm an X-phile. For those who don't know... X-philes are people who love X-Files! Like Mulder... I belive that the truth is out there and for a long time I used to think that Gillian Anderson was the cutest thing on earth! And I'm loving the episodes that are currently being aired on Star World. The suspense is nicely being kept up week after week!

Anyways... coming back to today... it was a horrible day today. The hectic schedule that kept me on the toes till friday last week has slackened a bit and I had to go back to reading awfully boring documents while barely managing to keep my eyelids open! I hope its better tomorrow!

Okay ppl... here's a riddle to end today's blog... try it!

This thing all things devours;
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays kings, ruins town;
And beats high mountains down.


What am I talking about?!! ... This isn't an original riddle, though! People who've read a certain book would know the answer immediately (or so I think!) ;)

ok... I'm outta here!

cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sameer/Male/27. Hails from India/Maharashtra/Mumbai/Prabhadevi, speaks Marathi, English and Hindi. Spends 60% of daytime online. Uses a Faster (1M+) connection. And likes Reading/Computers.