Here are the answers and scores to the Supersam's Challenge
1. Why was Wg. Cdr. (retd.) S P Pendharkar in the news recently?
Ans: His daughter Dr. Vijeta Pendharkar is supposed to be marry Rahul Dravid.
2. In children's fiction, which character was created by Geppetto?
Ans: Geppetto created the most famous puppet of them all... Pinocchio.
3. Which is the first Indian courier company to have its own aviation facility?
Ans: Blue Dart
4. Which modern day country in the Middle East is the site of the world's earliest known civilization, the Sumerian civilization?
Ans: Iraq (Rohini says both Iraq and Iran. Logically speaking, I agree with her)
5. In cricket, a score of 111 is often referred to as 'Nelson'. Why so?
Ans: Lord Nelson had one eye, one arm and one leg. That's why. No points for only "one eye" answers. ;-)
6. Which song by the Rolling Stones was used as the theme song for the launch of Windows 95?
Ans: Start Me Up.
7. If you are a misocapnist, then what would you be allergic to?
Ans: Tobacco Smoke.
8. Which promotional character has Pepsi planned to revive in India during this summer?
Ans: Fido Dido, the promotional character for Pepsico's drink, 7UP.
9. In the 1936 Berlin Olympic Games, an Indian game was demonstrated for the first time. Which game was it?
10. Complete this line, taken from a 20th Century Classic. “You can shoot all the blue jays you want if you can hit 'em, but remember it’s a sin __ ____ _ ___________."
Ans: To Kill a Mockingbird.
And now the scores!
Rohini - 7
Sarika - 8
So, that's it folks! The winner of this Supersam's Challenge is Sarika!! Congratulations! :-)