Just another brain-dead techie with views on everything under the sun!

Sunday, December 08, 2002

That, my friends, was my weekend...


Yesterday was a busy day. I got up at 9:00 AM for a 9:30 AM dentist appointment and the next half hour was spent at a frenetic pace trying to cram in the whole range of morning ablutions in the impossible space of 1800 seconds!

At 9:30 Am, I was brushed, shaved, washed, fed and re-brushed... and ready to face the rigours of the dentist's chair. The one-hour-long appointment stretched to 90 minutes as the dentist discovered a particuarly intriguing piece of cavity in the far, unexplored recesses of my dental framework. As she (the dentist) excavated this exciting new discovery, drill that was at work on that tooth caused me pain. It was that kind of pain which made me clasp the armrests till my knuckles turned white and my toes curled up!

After the ordeal at the dentist, the trip to the office was another ordeal as it took me nearly 2 hours to cover the distance that I cover in just about an hour everyday. Then at the office, I spent the next few hours trying to set up a wireless LAN. But a persistant compilation bug kept me on my toes and prevented me from competing the setup. Finally I gave up and left it for Monday.

If yesterday was busy, today was relaxed... as all Sundays should be!! ;-)

In the evening, I planned to go and check out some stuff at the Heera Panna shopping arcade. But when I got there (Haji Ali), I found that it was completely shut due to some renovation work. So, I walked a bit and came to Crossword, the bookstore at Mahalakshmi and spent around an hour browsing through the huge collection of titles there. I bought, Life of Pi by Yann Martel, The Alchemist by Paul Coelho, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg and The Dilbert Future by Scott Adams. My reading list just got bigger!! ;-)

I am trying to decide which book I should take up for reading next, now that The Lord of the Rings is nearing completion (I've reached the second part of The Return of The King, i.e. Book Six). Any suggestions?!! :-)

Ummmm... well, that's it for now!

cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sameer/Male/27. Hails from India/Maharashtra/Mumbai/Prabhadevi, speaks Marathi, English and Hindi. Spends 60% of daytime online. Uses a Faster (1M+) connection. And likes Reading/Computers.