Just another brain-dead techie with views on everything under the sun!

Monday, June 23, 2003

One more post about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. You might feel I'm going overboard (and crazy) about the bespectacled wizard (with the lightening shaped scar on his forehead, if I may add!)). But then, isn't everyone?!

Barnes & Noble, the largest US bookseller said on Sunday that the weekend sales figures of HP5 were on course to top 1 million copies (??!!!). They had anticipated a sale of 1 million copies by the end of the first week. But the rate of 80 copies per second ensured that the 1 million mark would be achieved in the first 48 hours alone!

Tesco Supermarket in the UK is supposed to be the biggest single outlet for HP5. It had sold more than 300,000 copies in the 24 hours after the launch. Tesco had sold about 42,000 copies of HP4 in the first week after its launch. So... compare for yourself!

Ok, get those sales figures out of your heads and check this review of the book. [link via Instapundit] It claims that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has Libertarian overtones to it!
I'm on page 550 of Book Five, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It's an excellent read, and the only reason I'm putting the book down to blog is because I can barely contain my enthusiasm about this -- I can't believe the overwhelming libertarian overtones in this book!
Before you read the review, I must warn you that though there are no spoilers mentioned, there are still some plot details included in the review.

But like all the reviews that I've read so far, the review ends with...
I finally finished the book, and I highly recommend it. Amazingly, and despite my previous assumptions, the series is getting better and better as it continues.
Oh well! Now I HAVE to start the book ASAP!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sameer/Male/27. Hails from India/Maharashtra/Mumbai/Prabhadevi, speaks Marathi, English and Hindi. Spends 60% of daytime online. Uses a Faster (1M+) connection. And likes Reading/Computers.