Just another brain-dead techie with views on everything under the sun!

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Has the King of Pop gone 'POP!' in his head?. One would think so, if one goes by the "revealing and unsettling interview" he has given to veteran journalist, Martin Bashir. Bashir spent eight months with the reclusive pop icon, making the 90-minute documentary which features the interview.

Uri Geller, a psychic, who's Michael Jackson's friend thinks that the interview showed Jackson in positive light.
"I fully trust Michael, he is a pure innocent human being, he brings so much joy into the lives of people. I think Michael was brutally honest, he was direct, he never flinched from the most difficult questions,"
Well! I think, Geller should think that way. Its natural for him to think so. He was the person who helped set up the interview. So, even if he felt otherwise, would Geller ever say that he thought the interview was a collossal failure!

In the documentary, Jackson was shown with several of the children who regularly sleep over at his California ranch, and was seen riding a Ferris wheel, driving go-carts and climbing a tree on the 3,000-acre property. Asked about his friendships with children, Jackson was candid.
"I have slept in a bed with many children including actor Macaulay Culkin and his brother Kieran. When you say `bed,' you're thinking sexual. It's not sexual, we're going to sleep. I tuck them in. ... It's very charming, it's very sweet."
I somehow smell something rotten here. Something very repulsive!

During the eight months that Bashir spent with Michael Jackson, he travelled with the popstar on a Las Vegas shopping spree and was also there when Jackson dangled his baby, Prince Michael II from the balcony of the fourth floor of a Berlin hotel.

Jackson called the dangling incident a terrible mistake and said,
"I would never do that to my children, or any child. We were waving to thousands of fans down below and they were chanting they wanted to see my child, so I was kind enough to let them see. They got the full experience and he enjoyed it."
Egad! now would Michael Jackson, the guy who claims to adore children so completely, do something that would put the life of his own child in danger just to please his audiences??! In his right senses, he would not!

The clincher came when Bashir inquired about the numerous cosmetic changes he has undergone over the years. To this he said except for the two operations to his nose, he had not done anything,
"I am telling you the honest truth," he said. "I didn't do anything to my face. The surgeries to the nose were done because they helped me breathe better so I can hit higher notes."
I rest my case!! MJ has established his credentials as being Wacko Jacko!

For the information of people in the United States, the documentary will be broadcast at 8 PM EST on Thursday on ABC's "20/20".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sameer/Male/27. Hails from India/Maharashtra/Mumbai/Prabhadevi, speaks Marathi, English and Hindi. Spends 60% of daytime online. Uses a Faster (1M+) connection. And likes Reading/Computers.