Just another brain-dead techie with views on everything under the sun!

Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Great American Dream

Some say the job market is opening up fast in the US. Some say its booming. So you think about posting resumes to US job consultants with the hopes of snagging a job or two in the land of opportunity. Well thats what a lot of my friends have been doing these days.

But then if you read The Economic Times (and horror of horrors, believe it), you'd be worried to death about going to the US for a techie job!!

A story at the start of this month says its a tough call for geeks to either relocate or quit! A few days later... another story appears... which paints a bleak picture of what happens when even IT pros lose their jobs. Almost immediately after this, the focus shifts to the Techies' parents, who are described as being a lonely lot by our friendly neighbourhood financial newspaper (or salmon pink coloured dishrag, but I repeat myself!). Perhaps that is why it reports that Indian techie eves are on their way home. And perhaps due to the combined effects of an exodus of Indian women techies (who, the financial toilet-paper claims, are not driven by any fanatical desire to be Silicon Valley residents) and arrival of pink slips in the DINK households, marriages of Indian pros are breaking up! Ohh the woe!!

And now even the US techies managing the Indian IT pros are beginning to grumble. They grumble about about everything that has to do with Indians... the time-management, fake accents, clannish attitudes, easily amused nature and even the gold belt buckles!! Frankly speaking... this article does nothing to project the clannish attitudes that Indians harbour while abroad. Rather it comes across as a conversation between a group of bitchy Yanks! The article ends with a revelatory statement... "(This is a true transcript of a conversation)". Well... I'll eat my hat if it was a real-life conversation!!

One notable feature about these articles is that they all been authored by the same person, a certain Lopamudra Ghatak. Either this author is a crusader of some sort or there is some sort of a hidden agenda behind such a string of articles within the space of two weeks! ... Or maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rajesh Kumar said...

Folks: Have no illusion. She's a third rate fiction writer masquerading as a journalist. Wonder what kind of hold she has on the editorial desk that all her five pager short stories show up as lead 'news' articles!

http://wehatelopamudraghatak.blogspot.com/2004/08/let-brick-bats-roll.html

7:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I agree with your coments good blog flying dreams

6:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, that was worth noting.



Steve @
money making

7:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To buy rappelz rupees , it is not the aim of the cable. It is the game which brings a lot of happiness to me. We buy the rappelz gold together. The beautiful story, we can not be forgotten buy rupees . You will not regret to have rappelz money . So I will continue to have cheap rappelz rupees , it is a beautiful fairy tale, it looks like my life.

On account of I have rohan crone , I am not afraid of the lonely. At that time I do not know the meaning of it. Later I buy rohan gold . And every time, I have no rohan online crone , I will feel very anxious. Why I buy rohan online gold , please it gives me such a warm place. At the moment, I have rohan money .

2:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know eve isk? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy eve online isk and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these buy isk with his friend.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many cheap eve isk and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found buy eve online isk was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.
Do you know fiesta Gold? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy fiesta money and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these fiesta online gold with his friend.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many buy fiesta Gold and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found fiesta online money was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

1:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sameer/Male/27. Hails from India/Maharashtra/Mumbai/Prabhadevi, speaks Marathi, English and Hindi. Spends 60% of daytime online. Uses a Faster (1M+) connection. And likes Reading/Computers.