Just another brain-dead techie with views on everything under the sun!

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Iranian jailed over Weblog
On April 19, Hossein Derakhshan, a young Iranian living in Toronto, got an alarming e-mail from a friend of his in Tehran. The friend, Sina Montallebi, wrote that he had been summoned to appear before the religious police.
The next day, Mr. Montallebi became the first person in history to be jailed for the crime of keeping a Weblog.
Gee!! I'm a criminal too!! Maybe I should go and get an anticipatory bail!!

I feel like singing (with due apologies to Anastacia)...
If blogging is a crime baby
I'd do my time
Whether it's wrong or right
You can sentence me
Sentence me to life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sameer/Male/27. Hails from India/Maharashtra/Mumbai/Prabhadevi, speaks Marathi, English and Hindi. Spends 60% of daytime online. Uses a Faster (1M+) connection. And likes Reading/Computers.